There is a cold chilly stillness outside, the clouds are still, and I can not feel a single breeze. I sense the morning is telling me to be still and write, that it is not to late to put this blog post out there. So I listen!
Life is so cold here in Melbourne, and I can not remember the last time Winter felt this cold. It is the type of Winter that requires layers of clothes, even hats, scarfs and coats. In saying that Winter is not that cold, that you can not go for a walk in nature, or get on with daily life. It just cold enough to require rugging up and putting the heating on.
The past week was a wonderful week and I felt much brighter than the past few weeks. This previous weeks Blessings Of The Week are as follows:
- I am so blessed for, sunshine, some fellow dog lovers to walk with and beautiful flowers of rosemary from my adventure walk this week, it was a gorgeous day for a walk and it really lifted my spirits.
- I am so blessed for my basket weaving with wild grasses workshop, my basket may not look that amazing but I just love it and really enjoyed the process of making it, and the company of the lovely ladies at the workshop.
- I am so blessed to have access to some free online learning about writing for young readers, I am learning so much, and created a second story so I feel like I am really achieving something from it.
- I am so blessed for Friday movie night with the boys, I just love this tradition.
- I am so blessed for the simple pleasure of my purple blanket to wrap around myself.
- I am so blessed for Hubby cooking a roast dinner on Saturday night.
- I am so blessed for a family day out to Cloudhill Nursery and Gardens. Beautiful magical gardens even in Winter, although I would love to go back in summer time.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend Yoga classes, really got to stretch my body out and relax. I always feel energised and relaxed after a Yoga class.
- I am so blessed that I could attend the dentist and have my broken tooth fixed, it is a costly and uncomfortable procedure, however at the end of the day I still get to keep my tooth. I am really happy about that.
- Finally, I am so blessed for the simple pleasure of some alone time to re-energize and relax.
Whilst this cold weather makes it easy for me to be a homebody and curl up in my chair with my blanket wrapped around me and catch up on some television series, at the moment I am watching Glitch and it is really weird. I get sucked in and just want to know what happens next. I feel am also watching too much television.
Time to wrap myself up in a blanket, curl up in my arm chair by the window, sip on a cup of coffee, take out my journal and write in the stillness of the morning.
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
This previous week has been a true Winter’s week. It has required coats, boots and umbrella’s which I love. However it has been so cold, especially early in the morning. I have enjoyed sleeping late, and not rushing about. Little Miss Popularity has enjoyed being indoors and sleeping on the couch.
The weeks Ten Blessings Of The Week were as follows:
- A brief morning of clear blue sky and sunshine to booster up my spirits.
- Lots of grey sky, rain, rain and more rain. Great for wearing boots, coats and even colourful scarves.
- Going on a wonderful excursion to Melbourne Aquarium with the boys.
- Having a delicious lunch of chocolate waffles and ice-cream plus hot chocolates, with the boys.
- Date night with Hubby, out for dinner at a lovely quiet Thai Restaurant.
- Red wine, it certainly the wine to drink in Winter time.
- Movie night with the boys, at home. This is one family tradition we enjoy every Friday night.
- Online writing class, finally I get to do a writing class and hopefully improve my writing and storytelling.
- Finally got a relaxing evening bath, so relaxing!
- My parents for looking after the boys for a few days, and for home made sausage rolls they made me.
Whilst the best thing has been in the garden, my Camellias are flowering, beautiful red and white flowers. They brighten up my day every time I look out the window at them.
Time to go wrap my self up in my purple blanket, curl up in the arm chair and have a nice hot cup of tea.
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
These long cold Winter’s Days certainly has a way of keeping people in doors especially during the evening time. During summer everyone is out and about, there is a furry of activity in the neighbourhood. Whilst during the months of winter, the front yards and streets are deserted, there is hardly a sign of life. I guess many people do what I do ,stay home and hibernate. I am the first to admit, I spend way to much time indoors, and watch way too much television during the Winter months. It is hard to get motivated to go out during the cold wet evenings. Last night, in the dark, with rain pelting down, I ventured out to go to a Toastmasters Speech Contest meeting. The hardest part was leaving the house, I kept thinking, do I really want to go out in that weather, after all it looked so cold and nasty. I did, and when I reached my destination, it was worth it. It was a really fun, and exciting night, just what I required to liven myself up. It reminded me how much I love learning as a part of being, and how much I enjoy listening to peoples stories. In-fact I connect to all the stories, and was able to identify and reflect upon my own life. Those stories energised me and got me thinking, about how the speech was being delivered, also making connections to what was being said, and being curious about the person delivering the speech. No television show can engage me as much as being in that audience listening to those stories. I am so glad I ventured out on that cold Winter’s Night. I constantly need to remind myself, to make the effort, rug up, and go somewhere and enjoy life!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Winter in Melbourne
Feeling a little tired today. I just didn’t get a good nights sleep. About 3am in the morning I was woken up by roaring wind and thundering sound of rain been dumped on the ground. It was sounded so loud and wild . I was so glad to be snug and warm in my bed. Whilst everyone was talking about it today from children, mums and complete strangers. Conversations today were buzzing with statements about last night’s rainstorm. Whilst as I sat in my car waiting for the bus to pick up my son the sky become dark and once again the rain came pouring down. I can not seem to escape this gloomy weather. No point in complaining that it is cold, that it is winter, soon it will be summer and hot, and I will be wishing it was cold again. Whilst if everyday was a perfect day, I just get totally bored with the weather. I will just be grateful I get to experience such beautiful gloomy days and some stormy nights.
Todays question for the NaBloPoMo August Challenge is as follows:
Would you want to be known as hot?
It really doesn’t matter if people think I am hot or not. I just want to be happy with who I am exactly as I am right now. I think putting a label on how I want to be known is just asking for trouble, and it is expecting to fit into a certain expectation. I just want to be the best version of me, that is what really matters. Although I do enjoy wearing my hot red coat, and driving my hot red car, and wearing some hot red lipstick, in my petite feminine way. I would also love to be sitting in front of a lovely hot wood fire right at this moment, however that is not to be.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.
- Rain (georgejennison.wordpress.com)
- The Quality of a Raindrop (barelyherenorthere.wordpress.com)
- Thunder and lightning and everything that’s frightening (mausjourney.wordpress.com)
- The end of the world (aprilflemming.wordpress.com)
- Rain (geekyzen.wordpress.com)
Day 2 of the BlogHer, NaBloPoMo asks : How do you like to warm up when you’re cold?
A very appropriate question for winter in Melbourne
I love my coats!
Another cold day, glad I have a collection of coat and scarfs and two very daggy beanies. I really need to work on getting some winter hats for my wardrobe. These winters days I never head out the door without a coat, I have many different styles and only two colours to choose from, black and red. I have worn about coats, waterproof coats and dress coats. What I wear underneath is practical and warm. I just hate being cold, I don’t mind that I have to put up with the winter days and nights for a short time. They are a nice change to the hot summer days and nights. Whilst in Melbourne we do get lots of mild hot and cold weather mixed with a few extremes. We have plenty of variety, and can get four seasons in one day. So none of this putting away summer or winter wardrobes for me, and I have often wore a coat out camping on a cold summers night.
Finally there is one way that I love and occasionally get to do, is to warm up in front of a lovely wood fire, with the fresh smell of burning would, the crackling of the flames, and the radiating heat. Just looking at a wood fire from a distance makes me feel or warm inside, and I would love to have one or winter long. However that is just not practical heater for my suburban house, so I have to be content with cranking my gas heating up. So grateful for heating and modern homes, how easy it is for me to keep warm in these modern days.
Wishing a wonderful weekend!