Today is such a cold Winter’s grey sky day. School holidays continue and the boys just don’t want to get out of their beds. I am enjoying the slow pace, and relaxing way time is spent during the holidays. It is a time of rest and rejuvenation. Certainly my teenage boys take that to mean sleeping in until lunchtime.
Once again I have my Ten Blessings of the previous week, which are as follows:
- I am so blessed that my dentist appointment was moved forward a couple of weeks. I have broken part of my tooth and was relieved to get a quick dentist appointment.
- I am so blessed that the dentist that treated young Mighty Mouse was so kind and patient, and helped him deal with the strange sensations of the equipment in his mouth. It was also good that his teeth were clean and in a healthy condition.
- I am so blessed to come across a free writing course on Coursera so I can learn more writing skills and improve my writing.
- I am so blessed for a adventure to the movies with the boys and see Inside Out. It was a lovely uplifting positive movie.
- I am so blessed that I found a place to buy discounted movie tickets, which made going to the movies affordable.
- I am so blessed that I got to go out on a Saturday night with Hubby, and no children.It good to have some adult time.
- I am blessed for the relaxing Friday night, dinner, wine and a movie with the boys.
- I am blessed for all the wonderful music I have to listen to that makes me feel so good.
- I am so blessed for the time I spent with my family having lunch on Sunday afternoon.
- Finally I am blessed for heating and a blanket to wrap around me keeping me so I keep snug and warm, and my journal to escape in.
I am so blessed that my son Mr. Serious now makes me cups of teas and brings them to me in the lounge, so I can sip on them as I write my blog.
Quote of the week: “Fill your life with tiny and large adventurous moments.” -SARK
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
The weather has been cold and windy. So windy that limbs of some trees have been blown down and scattered all over the park. The puddles are so big they consume the track, and I had been required to hike around them. Yet even though I complain about the cold days, there is a part I enjoy. Like rugging up in warm blankets as I sit on the couch, the warmth of the heater, and wearing warm clothes and coats. I love my coats, they make me feel cozy and warm. The best thing about Winter is how cosy it is in my bed, how easy it is to sleep on cold Winter’s nights. There is a lot to be grateful about this time of year.
Here are my Ten Blessings of the Week:
- I am so blessed for my wonderful collection of warm coats, that keep me warm every morning at the bus stop, that I can rug up in and venture outside in nature during these cold Winter’s days.
- I am so blessed that Mighty Mouse has wonderful teachers that provide with a lovely school environment to learn and grow. He received a glowing report, and it was a delight to hear about all the wonderful activities his class was involved in, and to see how his school work had improved.
- I am so blessed that I could open up all my windows and let the cold breeze blow through the house, freshening the house, and blowing out all those winter germs of the previous week. I love how a fresh breeze can blow away all the stale smells and germs, and bring a clear and uplifting energy into the house.
- I am so blessed that I got a lovely book on whimsical writing from the library to play with. I got to spend some time just getting lost in doing some fancy writing and simple pictures.
- I am so blessed that I got to spend a time out at my son’s Scout group on an activity they did at the local shopping centre. It was an interesting activity and it was good to be involved.
- I am so blessed for Friday movie night with the boys, it is becoming a ritual that we all look forward too. This time I came home put my pyjamas on, and made myself really comfy. It is so special to have relaxing Friday evenings, after the rushing around of the week.
- I am so blessed for the opportunity to have a family celebration party for my Mum’s birthday. These celebrations are small, we enjoy a lovely meal together, and a yummy cake. Mighty mouse still runs around turning all the lights off before we sing a Happy Birthday song. It is so exciting.
- I am so blessed that Mr. Serious cooked us Sunday breakfast of bacon and egg rolls, it always taste better when somebody else cooks it. Whilst it is so good that Mr. Serious wants to learn to cook, it is a wonderful life skill to have.
- I am so blessed that the boys were excited about having a family day on Sunday, they still want to spend time with us, so we made the most of it and went to the Immigration Museum. Which made me think we are just so blessed to live in a country of freedom and opportunity.
- I am so blessed to wake up feeling joyful and having a sense of wonder. I look forward to getting stuck into my day, and expecting joyful moments, even though I know there will be some hiccups and hardships to be faced.
Another lovely week has gone by, full of wonderful moments and a few challenging moments to remind me not to take the good times for granted.
All is well!
Please leave a comment. What were some of the blessings of your week or day?
Wishing you a wonderful Day!
A photo from a walk in the park after one of those cold windy Winter’s Days.
The week included a family day on Friday. A relaxing lazy day for me on Saturday. A sunny day for me to take the boys out on Sunday to the Ashcombe maze, where we had a lot of fun exploring the mazes, getting lost in them and figuring them out. Plus it was lovely to explore the gardens, and walk through Autumn leaves and kicking them in the air. Here are my Ten Blessings of the previous week:
- I am so blessed for my speech, being able to express myself, and having the confidence to express myself
- I am so blessed for my heart physically it keeps me alive pumping oxygenated blood around my body, emotionally it keeps me alive through expressing love to those very special people in my life.
- I am so blessed for a rainy Saturday, encouraging me to stay comfy in bed that bit longer, and enjoy a movie curled up on the couch.
- I am so blessed for my good health which enables me to enjoy life and do the things I want to do.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend the ANZAC Day local service, and remember those who have served this country and died serving this country, in order that Australia remain a land of freedom.
- I am so blessed that I was able to have a fun day out with my boys getting lost in a maze.
- I am so blessed to watch birds enjoying the bird bath, and Autumn leaves falling from the tree.
- I am so blessed for my comfy warm bed to sleep in at night, and all the hours of glorious sleep I had during the week.
- I am so blessed to receive smiles from strangers and greetings as I walked passed them. It so nice to go for a walk and feel the world is full of friendly people, it makes the world feel a friendlier place.
- I am so blessed to have a dishwasher to clean my dirty dishes , and a son who then puts the washed dishes away. It is just one of the household items that makes my house work duties that much easier.
Quote of the week: “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower”~Albert Camus
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Well another week has gone by, and I have a lot to be thankful for. It has been school holidays so I have enjoyed being lazy, and going out to movies. So here are my ten blessings for the previous week.
- I am so blessed to be able to go see Despicable Me 2, it was so funny, I had the best laugh.
- I am so blessed to have fresh sheets, and that my washing was blown dry.
- I am so blessed to get good news about my son’s surgery.
- I am so blessed to get my son’s new hearing aid so quickly.
- I am so blessed to be able to enjoy the simple pleasures of every day.
- I am so blessed for a walk in the park, and kicking all the fallen leaves.
- I am so blessed to get a good idea for my next speech, the abstract concept.
- I am so blessed to celebrate a family members birthday and enjoy yummy dinner and birthday cake.
- I am so blessed I am so blessed to have been able to go to the Olive Festival
- I am so blessed have the opportunity to go to he Local art show, and seeing so many wonderful paintings.
It is so wonderful to be reminded how enjoyable my life is. It lifts my state of happiness. It reminds me that even in tough times, like my son’s operation, which turn out to have a really good result, and the thrown away hearing aid, thanks to somebody else’s badly behaved child, is replaced by a new one. Things always turn out, and good things even come out of it.
What was your ten blessings for the week or day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day and week ahead.
Yes I have plenty of excuses for not posting recently and none of them a legitimate. I can blame distraction, resistance, school holidays and work. However they are all just excuses.
On a more positive note, it is time for my Ten Blessings for the Week, and they are as follows:
- I am so blessed for receiving feedback from clients that I am so kind and caring. I like to think that I am kind and caring. That is my intention when I am working and in my daily life to try and be kind and caring. So it is nice to randomly here that many people are picking up on that.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend education sessions to improve my professional skills that are provided in my workplace by knowledgeable and friendly people.
- I am so blessed to have parents who will care for my children when I go to work and also offer to take them extra longer so my husband and myself can go away for a weekend.
- I am so blessed to be able to go on a free tour through the art gallery which was taken by an amazingly passionate volunteer.
- I am so blessed to be able to see so many amazing pieces of art, many of them by the worlds best artists.
- I am so blessed to have a weekend away with my husband, staying in a delightful cottage, going out for meals, drinking nice wine and spending time together.
- I am so blessed to have time to spend with my son doing homework, so glad I can help even learnt a few new things myself.
- I am so blessed to have an abundance of food to choose from, so much variety and freshness. So lucky to live in Australia.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend the Healesville Garden Party at the Racecourse. Lots of lovely wines, food, music and cooking demonstrations. The weather was just perfect. It didn’t start raining until the end of the day when we left.
- I am so blessed to sleep soundly each night, I love my sleep and it comes so easily to me.
Felling better already, I have experienced another wonderful week. Even though I didn’t do much writing I have so much to feel blessed by and thankful for.
What were your ten blessings for your week or even day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Busy working. Busy dealing with this heat. Took the opportunity to sleep in this morning. Today is a public holiday in Melbourne. I will spend it working.
My ten blessings for the previous week are as follows:
- I was so happy that the old cat I was caring for while its owners where away was alive and healthy whilst I was looking after it and I could text and say it was ok.
- I am so thankful for winning a gift card which I plan to spend on some self-care items.
- So thankful for the conversations with acquaintances which were quiet serendipitous.
- I am thankful for the friend who came along to Zumba with me, always more fun when you have someone to play with and laugh.
- I am thankful for the lovely lake to walk around and enjoy, and the shaded picnic table with the great view, where I often go and write my blog posts. Nature is so inspiring.
- I am thankful for a son who is so well behaved, focused and and hard working. He tries so hard to do his work at school.
- I am thankful for my morning cup of coffee, which my husband brings into me every morning.
- I am so thankful for the bright pink shirt that just makes me feel girly and confident. It makes me feel bright and happy.
- I am thankful for the wine appreciation session I got to go to at the local library. The library has some wonderful events and speakers to go and see.
- I am so thankful for the fan that blows cool air on me at night during this spell of very hot weather.
It always makes me feel so blessed that I live such a wonderful and abundant life after doing my 10 weekly blessing. I also like to journal about what I am grateful for each day. I think an attitude of gratitude makes life feel much juicer and so much more enticing.
Wishing you all a wonderful day.
- Are You Willing To Change The Way You Feel? (rebeccaherrera.wordpress.com)
- Thankful. (whatlieswithinthemind.wordpress.com)
- Belong, Be Long – Long Being Thankful – Gratitude (wearetrulyhappy.wordpress.com)
- Ten Things Good For You To Do: (garlandvandyke.wordpress.com)