There is a cold chilly stillness outside, the clouds are still, and I can not feel a single breeze. I sense the morning is telling me to be still and write, that it is not to late to put this blog post out there. So I listen!
Life is so cold here in Melbourne, and I can not remember the last time Winter felt this cold. It is the type of Winter that requires layers of clothes, even hats, scarfs and coats. In saying that Winter is not that cold, that you can not go for a walk in nature, or get on with daily life. It just cold enough to require rugging up and putting the heating on.
The past week was a wonderful week and I felt much brighter than the past few weeks. This previous weeks Blessings Of The Week are as follows:
- I am so blessed for, sunshine, some fellow dog lovers to walk with and beautiful flowers of rosemary from my adventure walk this week, it was a gorgeous day for a walk and it really lifted my spirits.
- I am so blessed for my basket weaving with wild grasses workshop, my basket may not look that amazing but I just love it and really enjoyed the process of making it, and the company of the lovely ladies at the workshop.
- I am so blessed to have access to some free online learning about writing for young readers, I am learning so much, and created a second story so I feel like I am really achieving something from it.
- I am so blessed for Friday movie night with the boys, I just love this tradition.
- I am so blessed for the simple pleasure of my purple blanket to wrap around myself.
- I am so blessed for Hubby cooking a roast dinner on Saturday night.
- I am so blessed for a family day out to Cloudhill Nursery and Gardens. Beautiful magical gardens even in Winter, although I would love to go back in summer time.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend Yoga classes, really got to stretch my body out and relax. I always feel energised and relaxed after a Yoga class.
- I am so blessed that I could attend the dentist and have my broken tooth fixed, it is a costly and uncomfortable procedure, however at the end of the day I still get to keep my tooth. I am really happy about that.
- Finally, I am so blessed for the simple pleasure of some alone time to re-energize and relax.
Whilst this cold weather makes it easy for me to be a homebody and curl up in my chair with my blanket wrapped around me and catch up on some television series, at the moment I am watching Glitch and it is really weird. I get sucked in and just want to know what happens next. I feel am also watching too much television.
Time to wrap myself up in a blanket, curl up in my arm chair by the window, sip on a cup of coffee, take out my journal and write in the stillness of the morning.
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!