IT IS FABULOUS FRIDAY!
It had been a late Thursday night at Toastmasters enjoying learning public speaking, leadership, and catching up with Toastmaster friends, and I was feeling tired. I decided a quiet day was what I needed today and so I had declared Friday as my day off. Like every Friday, I did some journaling in my car as I waited for my gym class to start just allowing all my thoughts to get dumped on the page. Then it was time to look after my health by getting some exercise and my happy on, with an energetic Sh’bam class. I then squeezed in some grocery shopping. From here I discovered a lakeside boardwalk to meander along, and took some time out to de-stress and relax. I have planed a delicious meal to enjoy with my family tonight which will be followed by a family movie. I am excited because no work this weekend, it is going to be a weekend off.
When I think of living the good life, I think it includes:
Work I love doing.
Taking care of my health and exercising
Spending time with family and friends
Relaxing, walking and journaling
Learning and developing new skills.
Appreciating all the good things in my life.
Also a little disappointed in myself, this year I was going to plan my weekends more so I don’t waste them. Some weekends are good and some just happen. This weekend I have only planed a dinner out for Mr. Serious’s birthday! It looks like being a weekend that is just going to happen.
What do you think living the good life looks like?
Have a fantastic Friday and a lovely weekend!
This week I have noticed how tired I am, so dreadfully tired. My body has been demanding that I take time out to rest. Yet I have been feeling guilty about my lack of productivity. Life so fast these days, sometimes I am scared to stop because their might be too much catching up to do. Or worse still take time out to rest; oh no that is just being super lazy. Well my body is demanding I laze about and rest.
My wake up call came yesterday! The universe showed me its wisdom. Firstly I ran into a lady who was so tired, she stated she was tired, she looked tired and I could feel her tired energy as I stood beside her. Secondly another lady was telling me how being stressed had resulted in her illness, she has been unwell for weeks now. Finally my Mum told me I sounded tired on the phone, she can always tell those sorts of things. So I listen, because pushing through the tiredness is only going to make me sick and unhappy. No I don’t want to be the Unhappy Suburban Chick, so I had better rest and relax.
I breathe in———– rest.
I breathe out———- relax.
It is sometimes a struggle for me to say no to things. A struggle to balance obligations and those things I want to do. Sometimes it a struggle to accept that I am so imperfect, that I have flaws, and that I struggle with year 8 Mathematics. Mr. Serious told me I don’t know much. These days I go about my content with my imperfections, and try to and enjoy my ordinary everyday life. These days I acknowledge the importance of taking time out to rest.
I enjoy my armchair, I enjoy my music, I enjoy reading and sipping cups of tea and I enjoy my guided meditations. Sometimes I enjoy simply sitting and gazing out the window. Sometimes it is a walk in the park. If I choose I can always find a way to stop, and find time in my day to rest and relax.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
At the moment I am feeling frustrated and annoyed, because things are just so complicated and not going my way. I can feel myself getting really tense and just wanting to explode. I could jump up and down and scream right at this moment. Instead I think it is the perfect time to do my Ten Blessings of the Week. This is a good thing to focus and lighten my mood. My ten blessings are as follows:
- I am so blessed to enjoy so many simple things that bring me joy, my journalling, music, reading, conversations, walking, laughing, hot showers and hot cups of tea and coffee.
- I am so blessed for the lovely bunch of flowers that I received from my boys for Mothers Day
- I am so blessed for the evening I spent with Mighty Mouse at Scouts, where he massaged my shoulders, massaged my hands, and did a survey where he said my favourite food was carrots, my favourite hobby was reading and he enjoyed the time we did things together. I think we must eat a lot of carrots, I just think eating carrots is good for our health.
- I am so blessed for watching Mighty Mouse concure his fear and do a tree adventure, he was so brave, and is now so proud of himself, it is such a beautiful thing to witness.
- I am so blessed to witness my son Mighty Mouse go from being a cub to becoming a scout. I am a very proud Mum.
- I am so blessed to be able to catch up with my relatives and celebrate a special wedding anniversary for my parents. It was a wonderful celebration and night.
- I am so blessed that my husband made delicious tasting bacon and egg rolls for breakfast on Mothers Day.
- I am so blessed to be able to spend Mothers Day with my own Mum, we even had chocolate cake, and Dad organised tea, pizza.
- I am so blessed to wake up each morning a simply breathe and I am especially so blessed that my youngest son is one year older.
- I am so blessed for all these little challenges they just make me that bit stronger and more appreciative.
I do feel lighter after writing these blessings, and have had a wonderful week and weekend spending time with my family with birthday celebrations and Mothers Day celebrations. Even though at the moment I am feeling challenged by life I am going to choose to be kind and a good friend to myself.
What were your Ten Blessing of the Week or Day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
April has ended and we are now into May. I love that all the leaves have been falling of the Red Stick Maple tree in our back yard and I look forward to the Camellias coming out in flower over winter. The weather has turned cold and wet, and the days are getting shorter. I am loving get rugged up under blankets in the evenings and enjoying a TV show or simply reading a book.
This weeks Ten Blessings for the previous week are as follows:
- I am so blessed to be able to have my boys immunised through the council programme, it is important to me that they are protected against preventable diseases. It is also fortunate for me to have such easy accessibility to immunisation programs and that the cost are covered.
- I am so blessed to have healthy ears, that serve to allow me to heal well. Thanks to access to healthcare and a ENT specialist my hearing conditioned is managed very well and is a small inconvenience for my twice yearly appointments.
- I am so blessed to have hot teas and coffees to sip upon.
- I am so blessed to attend a cake decorating demonstration, the lady was explained things so simply and gave lots of frugal tips.
- I am so blessed to find that perfect present for my son, after searching so many toy shops for it.
- I am so blessed to have heating on these cold days, making our house warm and cosy, and the perfect place to be on cold winters nights.
- I am so blessed to have a selection of coats to choose from to wear on cold wet or windy days. I just love rugging up in my coats, every time I leave the house I wear my coat.
- I am so blessed to have beautiful music to play and listen to, it just makes me feel happier.
- I am so blessed to get amazing tips from strangers, especially with some good cooking suggestions.
- I am so blessed for having a mobile phone, it makes so much easier to reach my destination on dark rainy nights. So glad I had it the other night, drove up and down the road, looking for the right house. In the end after a phone call or two, my husband was able to walk to the drive way entrance and I found him.
As the cold wet weather sets in, I find the days get quieter and more homely which I throughly enjoy. I enjoy the greenness of the garden. I love the opportunity to rug up in my coats and wear my long boots. I enjoy the sound of rain especially when I am in bed. Those big grey fluffy clouds, I love them too. I love the magical feel of Autumn its richness of colour, the changing colour of foliage and leaves piled on the ground. I love walking through the leaves and kicking them, it is so much fun. I love the earthy smell of the ground that comes after the rain. There is so much I love about Autumn.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Recently I just spent a lovely week away with my darling boys, so this post is a little late. It is also school holidays and I have been distracted in a beautiful way spending time with family especially my boys.
It has been extremely busy this past week. The boys have been on school holidays and we spent the week away at Phillip Island. Our holiday started with rain, and more rain. Thankfully I packed coats, other than a lot of rain it was a lovely holiday and a good break.
My ten blessings from the previous week are as follows:
- I am so blessed to that the package for my husbands work turned up early at the post office, and that the lady serving me was very helpful. This meant we could get away early for our holiday.
- I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to go for a holiday to Philip Island.
- I am so blessed that I packed our coats and had at least one umbrella, so the rain didn’t stop us from doing things.
- I am so blessed that it rained so hard on day, that we went back to our cabin early and spent the afternoon and evening reading a gorgeous book.
- I am so blessed that we got to enjoy some delicious lunches and different cafes. The food was very yummy and we filled our selves up for lunch, which meant we only needed a light dinner.
- I am so blessed that the rain kept the crowds away, but not the penguins, which meant we could easily get up and close to the penguins.
- I am so blessed that we got to go to lots of different places , and had great experiences going to historical farm, feeding wallabies and kangaroos at the wild life park, and spotting koala’s at the Koala conservation centre, and of course looking for seals at the Nobbies.
- I am so blessed I had a great reliable car to drive around in, it made me feel so much more comfortable driving around especially at night in a strange place.
- I am so blessed that I am so cautious, and was driving cautiously, and looking out for the night life, I was expecting kangaroos, but it was a sheep that was on the middle of the road. My cautious driving meant I didn’t hit it, rather had plenty of time to slow down and stop. The sheep slowly moved of the road, and everyone was safe.
- I am so blessed that every day of our holiday was a great adventure, and a day of joy, even with the rain.
My holiday didn’t go as I planed, we had to change our plans. We had to be happy with the rain. It all worked out and we had a great holiday.
Quote of the week: “Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” ~Roger Miller
What were your ten blessings of the week/day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Life has been good, it has offered me much joy and happiness in the past week. Mostly in those everyday moments but also in the special moments that come as opportunities to engage more with life. This morning I was appreciative that I woke up breathing. That I had a good night sleep. That I could experience hot water running down my back and even have soap to wash myself with. That I had a collection of clothing to choose from, and that I could pick out something that I love to wear. I also got to have a filling breakfast, and I don’t have to worry about being hungry there is plenty of food in the house. I have a reliable car that gets me to where I need to be. I have so much to be grateful for. I was also a little disappointed today because my son is sick, and I had to cancel my morning tea with a friend. My son is ok, he is just feeling ill, a little nauseated, so a good sleep and restful day will do him good. My day may not be how I planed it, however it can still be a wonderful day. Whilst those are the little moments that have brought joy to my day today, here are the Ten Blessings from the previous week.
- I am so blessed to be able to have my hair done at the hair dressers, now it looks and feels tidy and fresh, and I just love the way it makes me feel. Plus it so beautiful to be pampered, and going to the hair dressers is one of my favourite ways of being pampered.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend my son’s school Bush Dance night, it was a wonderful family night and lovely community feel, and it just lovely to feel the school provides that sense of community, that extends beyond the student and teachers but also connects with the family.
- I am so blessed to be able to shed more of the old from our house, this de-cluttering process has been about letting go of things that the boys have grown out of, mostly toys and teddies. Now to find them new homes, after all they were loved and valued items in our house for many years.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend my Cranbourne Toastmasters club, and develop my communication skills, it was wonderful to give a speech, it was a folk tale, I chose the Princess who Married a Dragon, I enjoyed telling that story, it challenged me to do a speech that was out of my comfort zone. It gave me the opportunity to build upon my story telling skills.
- I am so blessed to have an enthusiastic fluffy dog, who will always gladly go for a walk with me. She is my walking buddy, and loves walking adventures as much as I do. Thanks Little Miss Popularity for going out with me on my long walks this previous week, I look forward to this weeks walks with you.
- I am so blessed that my cooked meals have actually been yummy and enjoyable to eat, it has been lovely to sit down each night at the kitchen table and eat together most nights. Even if Hubby is late I still got to sit down and enjoy my meal with the boys.
- I am so blessed to be able to spend Friday nights with the family having movie night. This is one of our weekly rituals that I just love, and we all get to sit in the lounge together, relax, laugh and watch a movie.
- I am so blessed that Hubby took us out for a new experience, he took us to Farmworld. It was a big event with lots of people attending, and I saw a lot of tractors, all different colour and sized tractors. It had lots of farm stuff there, it was certainly different. Yet it was an enjoyable day out and we found plenty of things to look out including a cute pig and her piglets and a demonstration of Draft horses working.
- I am so blessed for our wonderful back yard to enjoy on sunny days and relax in, it is amazing how good sitting under a few trees on a nice sunny days afternoon can feel so good and relaxing.
- I am so blessed that my brother came over for tea on Sunday night, we enjoyed a roast and he brought dessert. It was just so nice to enjoy a meal together and catch up.
The previous week was ordinary in many ways, and it was also about making daily choices to cultivate joy and happiness. Like journalling, enjoying our meals, going for walks, saying yes to opportunities like the school bush dance night. It was also about just being grateful, like wow I not only have clothes to wear, I have really nice clothes that I love to wear and that make me feel good. Or even just noticing there are a lot of crickets about lately, they are even in the house, there was one in the lounge with us last night and one in the hallway this morning.
Quote of the Week:” Things don’t have to be extraordinary to be beautiful. Even the ordinary can be beautiful.” ~Wicker Park
I am currently reading a book called The Heart of Abundance by Candy Paull which really speaks in-depth about being grateful and seeing the abundance that is in our daily lives. She writes about developing a habit of being thankful in the good times so as we establish the ability to be grateful in more difficult times. I think this is true, and I can see how this Ten Blessings exercise is helping to do that.
The Heart of Abundance by Candy Paull is available as a free Kindle version on Amazon books. You can go to the following link to find it, http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_22?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=the+heart+of+abundance&sprefix=The+Heart+of+Abundance%2Caps%2C390
What were your Ten Blessings of the Week/Day?
Wishing you a Wonderful Day!
I have recently busy making the most of opportunities in my life and really enjoying them. Like yesterday evening being able to go to a Spanish cooking demonstration at my local library. It was entertaining and I learnt so much. My big take away was you don’t have to be a fancy clever cook, just keep it simple and use really good fresh quality ingredients. I also learnt how to make a great hot chocolate drink. The tastings were divine, so glad I noticed it was on and was able to go. Also today was able to watch the class on Moving to Happiness on Creative Live, this has been a real gem of a class and I have learn’t so much.
So to Ten Blessings of the previous Week, well today I learnt that gratitude is a important component of being happy and it is important to share what your grateful for. So my Ten Blessings are as follows:
- I am so blessed two have two lovely boys, who are delightful and have good intentions. They are both beautifully imperfect just as they are.
- I am so blessed that I am able to help Mr. Serious with his home work, sometimes I even learn things, and sometimes he thinks more than I do know. Whilst sometimes I struggle with his year 8 homework, and then we both have to figure the answer out. It feels good being able to help. It feels good that he knows even adults don’t know everything.
- I am so blessed to have a supportive husband who fixed my clothes line , who makes me coffee and loves me even when I am moody.
- I am so blessed to be invited back into the family footy tipping competition even though I am no good at picking winners, it just fun and engaging to be part of it. Plus Hubby has made a awesome trophy for it, and there are more family members in it this year.
- I am so blessed to be able to catch up with a friend for the day, for us having a tour of the sculpture gardens by an enthusiastic volunteer guide, a lovely lady who told us so much. It was a lovely day.
- I am so blessed to be skilled in making yummy fresh coffees with the coffee maker, thanks to my coffee appreciation class a while back. Prior to that I made dreadful coffee that I did not even want to drink.
- I am so blessed to be able to catch up with friends for dinner, our family had a delightful time, and the meal was lovely. It just so special in this fast paced world to have time and the opportunity to catch up .
- I am so blessed for being flexible enough, and confident enough to take on an incomplete program and work with it at my Toastmasters meeting. It was also great to see all the members of my Toastmasters group working together, and being flexible and working with the adjusted programme. It was a fun and challenging night for us all.
- I am so blessed to be able to enjoy wine and pizza. They really are a treat, and sometimes I don’t appreciate the treats in my life.
- I am so blessed to be able to sit and take some time out to do nothing, that is a real treat these days when the pressure is on to be busy and productive.
Everyday is so imperfect, yet there is always something to feel blessed for. Often I get annoyed when things go wrong or don’t go my way. Or when I simple don’t feel good enough or that I have let others down. Life will be messy and imperfect in many ways. Reminding myself of what I am so blessed for in my days or week reminds of how good my life is even when it is imperfect and even though I am imperfect.
Quote of the week: ” I love the very exposed, humorous, imperfect, never-trying to – pretend-to-be-perfect journey that I have been on in my life.” ~Drew Barrymore
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/imperfect.html#Cl42ZbTiiRZeIbhw.99
What were your ten blessings of the week/day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
I have just finished working a long weekend, sometimes it is so hard to be motivated when every one else seems to be playing. During the evenings on my way back to my car I got a glimpse of the Moomba fireworks, another reminder that it was a long weekend and people were out playing. Instead I was too tired to play due to working, so I simply went home and put my feet up and watched TV. I know that is lazy, but sometimes I just need to be lazy. When it comes to my social life and weekend work, it sounds a little like this, “sorry I can’t attend, I’m working.” Thankfully I don’t work every weekend so I still get to attend some events and play with my family and friends.
This weeks Ten Blessings of the Week are as follows:
- I am so blessed that I was able to paint my son’s room and that my Dad came over and helped me. It felt great to achieve a freshly painted room, and I learnt a lot about painting and how to look after my paint. I am so proud of our work.
- I am so blessed to have been able to attend a library talk about Coffee and learn lots about coffee, I am also proud of myself for going home and practicing what I learnt. It is so wonderful that the local library staff organise such great information and learning events.
- I am so blessed to have a beautiful Autumn’s day to go for a lovely adventure walk. Just spending an hour walking around seeing such beautiful things in the ordinary.
- I am so blessed that my bunch of yellow flowers shone brightly from my kitchen table all week, just brightening up my days.
- I am so blessed to be patient enough to sit with my son Mighty Mouse and do a jigsaw puzzle, he tried to tell me the pieces were missing but I found them all and we made a lovely cat picture. Such a wonderful experience working together.
- I am so blessed that my son Mr. Serious returned home safety from his school camping trip, I really missed him the days he went away.
- I am so blessed that we got to have most of our evening meals together during the week. It is so bonding to share a meal together as a family
- I am so blessed to just feel full of joy and happiness, and a simple feeling that life is good, and that I have lots of wonderful people to share it with.
- I am so blessed for all the audio books and meditations that I can borrow from my local library via my computer. Technology has provided me with some great advances and I really enjoy the opportunities and entertainment it provides to me.
- I am so blessed that even though I had to work, I was working with wonderful people, and had a lovely bunch of clients to work for. It was wonderful that we could have moments where we could smile and laugh, my work often shows me how strong and amazing people are. There are a lot of super amazing ordinary people out in the world! I think I am very blessed to know that.
Today I simply rest, and potter about the house tidying up and doing some very important jobs like the washing and ironing, plus also the food shopping. Menu planing for the week so it is easy to deal with the”what will we have for dinner tonight?” question. It so hard to keep coming up with idea’s every night. Whilst it is so easy to simply stick with the same boring meals week after week. So if I plan a little, flick through some recipe books for inspiration, I hope to mix things up a little and hopefully discover some new favourites.
Quote of the week:” Things don’t have to be extraordinary to be beautiful. Even the ordinary can be beautiful.”~Wicker Park
Wishing you all a wonderful Day!
Today I am totally exhausted and have completed a day of painting my son’s room. Whilst yesterday was all about washing walls down and emptying the room out. He room now looks so fresh and clean. It looks brand new again, and already for him to turn into a more grown up room , a room that reflects his personality, and that he enjoys being in. So exhausting and very rewarding.
Well the previous week just flew by so quickly and I can not believe that it is already March. So here are my ten blessings for the previous week.
- I am so blessed to have celebrated another wedding anniversary with my wonderful husband. We celebrated for going out for a delightfully yummy family dinner.
- I am so blessed to been able to attend a Creative Live class on Pinterest, I have set up my page and a couple of boards, one on self-care, and the other on Artist’s Dates. It was super fun and found another photo resource to play with my images and be a little more creative.
- I am so blessed that I was able to figure out how to fix my Pinterest account after it got broken into, I was able to restore it to it beautiful look, thanks to the help desk and lots of persistence and just doing something. I was proud of myself for working through it and not giving up, technology is something I tend to struggle with.
- I am so blessed to be able to go to Cranbourne Toastmasters, I got to listen to lots of wonderful speeches, and had the opportunity to develop my public speaking skills, listening skills, lets just say my communication skills. It is also a lot of fun, mixed in with some challenge.
- I am so blessed to be able to go exploring Wilson Botanic Park, with Mighty Mouse, we watched the turtles, went up the look out, and walked around the lake admiring other people’s dogs.
- I am so blessed to have Friday movie night with the boys, it is wonderful to pick a movie that we all like and then sit and watch it together. It is also a lovely ritual we have, and everyone in the house looks forward to family movie night.
- I am so blessed to have attended my son’s school council and have been welcomed so warmly. It was also interesting to have a tour around the school and discover lots of wonderful programmes and activities the children are doing. It was great to discover what was so good about his school.
- I am so blessed to have had a family day out at Heritage Hill Museum where we had a picnic lunch and listen to the music in the garden’s. It was such a lovely sunny day and the music was delightful. So relaxing!
- I am so blessed to have a wonderful back yard, with shady trees to sit out under providing a cool shady place to sit in the afternoon on a warm day and just relax.
- I am so blessed to be able to just sit and watch birds enjoying a bird bath, so delightful to watch them just enjoying water.
Some things were planed, some plans were changed, and some things just happened. However life just seemed to be in flow, and my days full of happy surprises.
Quote of the week: I think togetherness is a very important ingredient of family life.~Barbara Bush
What were your blessings of the week or day?
Wishing you all a wonderful week.
The previous week was rather quiet with the exception of the last three days at work, which were busy to flat-out overwhelming busy. However that is the nature of nursing. I also made the decision to nominate myself for my son’s school council. I thought it was time to get involved, learn a little more about the complexities of his school and hopefully help out in some way. I also attended my other son’s camp information night, and came a way wishing it was me going, it sounds so good and exciting. However he is not that excited about it. Even quiet weeks have lots of blessings. Here are my Ten Blessings for the previous week.
- I am so blessed to have so many wonderful books to explore, read and enjoy. They always bring a quiet relaxed joy into my life.
- I am so blessed to my adventure walks, especially the one around Wilson Botanic Park, lovely to see the turtles swimming about.
- I am so blessed to be inspired to do four days of creative cooking trying out some new dishes that were very yummy! It was delightful to experience the aroma’s as the food was cooking.
- I am so blessed for the rain, and the cool change. It felt so fresh and every thing looked clean, and the gardens started to green up again. Plus it was so enjoyable to simply sit and watch a wonderful thunderstorm.
- I am so blessed to have discovered a lovely new place to visit, Heritage Hill Museum, it had three lovely art exhibitions and beautiful gardens.
- I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have lunch with my husband at the shops, without the kids.
- I am so blessed to receive a surprised dinner with my parents. They cooked me a wonderful meal that I was not expecting. It so nice when someone else cooks, I really enjoy it and appreciate the effort.
- I am so blessed to have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a lovely touching movie, it was so nice yet so sad that I was in tears. It was really nice to sit down and chill out whilst watching a real girly movie.
- I am so blessed to have been quick enough to eat home-grown strawberries from the vegetable patch. I am usually the one who tends to the vegetable patch, so I get to the strawberries first, they don’t always make it inside I usually just eat them. Home grown strawberries are so tasty. Yum!
- I am so blessed for all the moments of solitude, peace and that sense of just being. No expectations, no noise, no activity, just being and noticing all that was around me.
Today is just a wind down day, after a busy time at work it is just good for me to take time out, relax and re-fill the well.
Quote of the week: “When we look at clouds we see different shapes. See all the grace you can.” ~S.A.R.K
What were your Blessings for the week?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!