Ten blessings of the week, this is something I have been doing a number of years now. I believe it is important to have a attitude of gratitude. Ten blessings of the week is something that helps me practice gratitude.
I love this quote because I think this is an important part of being a Happy Suburban Chick. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude. ” By Brene Brown. It is more about noticing the special moments in the ordinary, and being appreciative to what is already present in our lives.
This week 10 blessings are as follows:
1. The biggest blessing of them all was seeing Mighty Mouses specialist, who suggested surgery be postponed, he is allowed more time to grow, and they try and get it all done in one go. Oh, how one operation sounds so much better than four.
2. Once again my local library is feeding me a steady supply of books for my reading addiction. Feeling blessed that I have access to a wonderful resource place the local library.
3. Winter is here bringing rain, and cold mornings and nights, I am feeling so blessed to have a collection of coats and umbrellas to keep me warm and dry.
4. Feeling blessed for cold nights at home, curled up in a cozy armchair reading books or watching tv with hubby. These winter’s nights I love staying home and being a warm contented homebody.
5. Blessed to listen to great music and cooking yummy meals.
6. As much as I dread going to the dentist, I am grateful to be able to afford to go to the dentist and get a check up and dental clean for my teeth. It uncomfortable, I often anxious, and I know it keeps my teeth cleaner, stronger and likely to last longer.
7. I am blessed for family lunch and celebration of my brothers birthday. It is lovely to have a family tradition of celebrating birthdays together.
8. I am blessed to have a lovely Sunday morning sleep in. It was so cold outside lovely to have extra time under the covers with a good book.
9. I work a lot of weekends so I was feeling blessed to enjoy a weekend off to relax, spend time with family and catch up with friends.
10. I am blessed to have a fluffy doggy, Little Miss Popularity to follow me around and spend time curled up next to me on the couch in a nice warm room.
Reflect. What are your Ten Blessings of the Week?
Wishing you a wonderful day!
It is cold outside!
Quote: “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” ~Edith Sitwell