The previous week has been a quiet week, full of illness so I spent most of my time home looking after my son with a cold. Unfortunately as soon as he got better, I went to work on the weekend coming down sick with a gastro bug, only to end up in bed feeling sick and miserable myself. However before going to work on Saturday Morning, I took my self on an Artist’s Date to the Finders Market at the old Exhibition Buildings. I walked around admiring the wonderful crafts being sold. The place was full of colour, creativity and beautiful creations. I could have easily spent more time there. That is life up and down! Here are my Ten Blessings of the previous week:
- I am so blessed to simply be alive and breathing.
- I am even more blessed to be able to stay home and care for my youngest son Mighty Mouse when he is not well.
- I am blessed that I have access to a doctor and health services when myself or family are ill.
- I am blessed that even when life feels a little like drudgery, there are always small pleasures like a hot shower,or a cup of tea, or simply a quiet moment curled up in a comfy arm chair.
- I am blessed that I have paid employment, it allows me to afford the life I enjoy, and still be available to look after my boys and be their for them when they need me.
- I am so blessed that people enjoy me wearing a pink flower in my hair. The pink flower brightens up my mood, and it continues to surprise me by how many people comment on how lovely the pink flower in my hair is. A simple ordinary pink flower can brighten up an individual’s day, and put a smile on their faces. I think that is amazing.
- I am so blessed that I enjoy looking out my front window, seeing the clouds roll by, the trees dance in the wind, making a strange whooshing musical sound, whilst my doors choose to sing a rattling sound.
- I am so blessed that I enjoy the smell of my candle burning, and the sweet smell from that gently wits under my nose. It also makes this delightful cracking noise, so it reminds me of the sound of fire. It gives me a sense of warmth and peace.
- I am so blessed that I got to go to my oldest son, Mr Serious’s school church service with him, the theme was growing in unity.
- I am so blessed that I was able to attend my Toastmaster’s meeting, and listen to some informative educational speeches, these have inspired me to want to improve and do more in my roles. I also admire the Ice breaker speech that was given, that first speech it is so special, and it was so interesting. It was a lovely night, with lots of guest, everyone just taking on a role and contributing, the room was full of positive energy, and smiles.
Those were my Ten Blessings of the week, and looking back on it, it wasn’t as quiet as I thought. Lots of lovely experiences existed amongst the drudgery of dealing with sickness. It so easy to get stuck on the negative and forget about those lovely positives that bring so much joy into our lives.
Just reflect back on your past week or day. What Ten Blessings did you experience? I would love for you to leave a comment.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!