I took some time out yesterday before work to sit and reflect upon my previous week, which turned out completely different to what I had planed. It turned out to be a week of just cancelling things because I had my boys of sick from school. So as I sat in my work cafe, I wrote these ten blessings down.
- I am so blessed to pay dog registration, because if Little Miss Popularity gets lost, it will be easier to find her.
- I am so blessed that my children were just unwell (not really sick) and needed some time to rest and recover. Sometimes that is what a headache or stomach ache is; a sign to stop and rest. It is good that they are both listening to their bodies and acting accordantly.
- I am so blessed that I was able to council what I was doing, that I didn’t get annoyed or felt like I was missing out on anything, I just accepted it and re adjusted my days.
- I am so blessed that I was able to book a holiday, I am so looking forward to going away and enjoying myself, it is just so exciting.
- I am so blessed that I managed to create three meals from almost nothing in my fridge and cupboards. I was unable to make it to the shops, yet was able to use my creativity to make yummy meals. I saw the abundance in what I already had, and the ideas of what to cook for dinner came easily.
- I am so blessed to have a helpful lady find a way for me to book my car in for a service. This one is often a battle because I am juggling looking after the boys and finding a way to and home from the car service place . The service lady was so helpful with a couple of suggestions to make it possible and less stressful.
- I am so blessed to have been able to have time during the week to read and journal, and also to enjoy some time taking Little Miss popularity on some adventure walks.
- I am so blessed for my adventure walk around the shopping centre, testing perfume from the department store, enjoying a coffee at a cafe, and coming across a happiness workshop which sounds perfect for me.
- I am so blessed to have some quiet time at work on the Saturday, to complete some more of my online learning for work. That day I received an email to say that I had another four online learning competencies to complete by the end of April, so it was nice to complete too of them that day. It is also wonderful that I have the opportunity to consolidate what I already know and learn about what I don’t know, so I am always learning.
- I am so blessed that Mr. Serious decided to smile in his school photo, it is such a lovely photo of him and he looks so grown up, I can even notice how more mature he looks in this years photo compared to last years. It is so wonderful to have photo’s to just capture this events in time.
It was a week of accepting things, and changes, of helpful people, and spending time with my boys. This week I also started reading the book The Gratitude Effect by Dr. John Demartini, and enjoying the ways we can find gratitude in all the parts of our lives. A wonderful affirmation from the book which I have been thinking about the last week was ~I am grateful for both support and challenge; for, both serve me, open my heart, and help me strengthen my spiritual mission. This weeks quote of the week also comes from the book.
Quote of the week: ‘Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others’. ~Cicero
What were your blessings for the day/week?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!