I have recently busy making the most of opportunities in my life and really enjoying them. Like yesterday evening being able to go to a Spanish cooking demonstration at my local library. It was entertaining and I learnt so much. My big take away was you don’t have to be a fancy clever cook, just keep it simple and use really good fresh quality ingredients. I also learnt how to make a great hot chocolate drink. The tastings were divine, so glad I noticed it was on and was able to go. Also today was able to watch the class on Moving to Happiness on Creative Live, this has been a real gem of a class and I have learn’t so much.
So to Ten Blessings of the previous Week, well today I learnt that gratitude is a important component of being happy and it is important to share what your grateful for. So my Ten Blessings are as follows:
- I am so blessed two have two lovely boys, who are delightful and have good intentions. They are both beautifully imperfect just as they are.
- I am so blessed that I am able to help Mr. Serious with his home work, sometimes I even learn things, and sometimes he thinks more than I do know. Whilst sometimes I struggle with his year 8 homework, and then we both have to figure the answer out. It feels good being able to help. It feels good that he knows even adults don’t know everything.
- I am so blessed to have a supportive husband who fixed my clothes line , who makes me coffee and loves me even when I am moody.
- I am so blessed to be invited back into the family footy tipping competition even though I am no good at picking winners, it just fun and engaging to be part of it. Plus Hubby has made a awesome trophy for it, and there are more family members in it this year.
- I am so blessed to be able to catch up with a friend for the day, for us having a tour of the sculpture gardens by an enthusiastic volunteer guide, a lovely lady who told us so much. It was a lovely day.
- I am so blessed to be skilled in making yummy fresh coffees with the coffee maker, thanks to my coffee appreciation class a while back. Prior to that I made dreadful coffee that I did not even want to drink.
- I am so blessed to be able to catch up with friends for dinner, our family had a delightful time, and the meal was lovely. It just so special in this fast paced world to have time and the opportunity to catch up .
- I am so blessed for being flexible enough, and confident enough to take on an incomplete program and work with it at my Toastmasters meeting. It was also great to see all the members of my Toastmasters group working together, and being flexible and working with the adjusted programme. It was a fun and challenging night for us all.
- I am so blessed to be able to enjoy wine and pizza. They really are a treat, and sometimes I don’t appreciate the treats in my life.
- I am so blessed to be able to sit and take some time out to do nothing, that is a real treat these days when the pressure is on to be busy and productive.
Everyday is so imperfect, yet there is always something to feel blessed for. Often I get annoyed when things go wrong or don’t go my way. Or when I simple don’t feel good enough or that I have let others down. Life will be messy and imperfect in many ways. Reminding myself of what I am so blessed for in my days or week reminds of how good my life is even when it is imperfect and even though I am imperfect.
Quote of the week: ” I love the very exposed, humorous, imperfect, never-trying to – pretend-to-be-perfect journey that I have been on in my life.” ~Drew Barrymore
What were your ten blessings of the week/day?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!