I have just finished working a long weekend, sometimes it is so hard to be motivated when every one else seems to be playing. During the evenings on my way back to my car I got a glimpse of the Moomba fireworks, another reminder that it was a long weekend and people were out playing. Instead I was too tired to play due to working, so I simply went home and put my feet up and watched TV. I know that is lazy, but sometimes I just need to be lazy. When it comes to my social life and weekend work, it sounds a little like this, “sorry I can’t attend, I’m working.” Thankfully I don’t work every weekend so I still get to attend some events and play with my family and friends.
This weeks Ten Blessings of the Week are as follows:
- I am so blessed that I was able to paint my son’s room and that my Dad came over and helped me. It felt great to achieve a freshly painted room, and I learnt a lot about painting and how to look after my paint. I am so proud of our work.
- I am so blessed to have been able to attend a library talk about Coffee and learn lots about coffee, I am also proud of myself for going home and practicing what I learnt. It is so wonderful that the local library staff organise such great information and learning events.
- I am so blessed to have a beautiful Autumn’s day to go for a lovely adventure walk. Just spending an hour walking around seeing such beautiful things in the ordinary.
- I am so blessed that my bunch of yellow flowers shone brightly from my kitchen table all week, just brightening up my days.
- I am so blessed to be patient enough to sit with my son Mighty Mouse and do a jigsaw puzzle, he tried to tell me the pieces were missing but I found them all and we made a lovely cat picture. Such a wonderful experience working together.
- I am so blessed that my son Mr. Serious returned home safety from his school camping trip, I really missed him the days he went away.
- I am so blessed that we got to have most of our evening meals together during the week. It is so bonding to share a meal together as a family
- I am so blessed to just feel full of joy and happiness, and a simple feeling that life is good, and that I have lots of wonderful people to share it with.
- I am so blessed for all the audio books and meditations that I can borrow from my local library via my computer. Technology has provided me with some great advances and I really enjoy the opportunities and entertainment it provides to me.
- I am so blessed that even though I had to work, I was working with wonderful people, and had a lovely bunch of clients to work for. It was wonderful that we could have moments where we could smile and laugh, my work often shows me how strong and amazing people are. There are a lot of super amazing ordinary people out in the world! I think I am very blessed to know that.
Today I simply rest, and potter about the house tidying up and doing some very important jobs like the washing and ironing, plus also the food shopping. Menu planing for the week so it is easy to deal with the”what will we have for dinner tonight?” question. It so hard to keep coming up with idea’s every night. Whilst it is so easy to simply stick with the same boring meals week after week. So if I plan a little, flick through some recipe books for inspiration, I hope to mix things up a little and hopefully discover some new favourites.
Quote of the week:” Things don’t have to be extraordinary to be beautiful. Even the ordinary can be beautiful.”~Wicker Park