The previous week was rather quiet with the exception of the last three days at work, which were busy to flat-out overwhelming busy. However that is the nature of nursing. I also made the decision to nominate myself for my son’s school council. I thought it was time to get involved, learn a little more about the complexities of his school and hopefully help out in some way. I also attended my other son’s camp information night, and came a way wishing it was me going, it sounds so good and exciting. However he is not that excited about it. Even quiet weeks have lots of blessings. Here are my Ten Blessings for the previous week.
- I am so blessed to have so many wonderful books to explore, read and enjoy. They always bring a quiet relaxed joy into my life.
- I am so blessed to my adventure walks, especially the one around Wilson Botanic Park, lovely to see the turtles swimming about.
- I am so blessed to be inspired to do four days of creative cooking trying out some new dishes that were very yummy! It was delightful to experience the aroma’s as the food was cooking.
- I am so blessed for the rain, and the cool change. It felt so fresh and every thing looked clean, and the gardens started to green up again. Plus it was so enjoyable to simply sit and watch a wonderful thunderstorm.
- I am so blessed to have discovered a lovely new place to visit, Heritage Hill Museum, it had three lovely art exhibitions and beautiful gardens.
- I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have lunch with my husband at the shops, without the kids.
- I am so blessed to receive a surprised dinner with my parents. They cooked me a wonderful meal that I was not expecting. It so nice when someone else cooks, I really enjoy it and appreciate the effort.
- I am so blessed to have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a lovely touching movie, it was so nice yet so sad that I was in tears. It was really nice to sit down and chill out whilst watching a real girly movie.
- I am so blessed to have been quick enough to eat home-grown strawberries from the vegetable patch. I am usually the one who tends to the vegetable patch, so I get to the strawberries first, they don’t always make it inside I usually just eat them. Home grown strawberries are so tasty. Yum!
- I am so blessed for all the moments of solitude, peace and that sense of just being. No expectations, no noise, no activity, just being and noticing all that was around me.
Today is just a wind down day, after a busy time at work it is just good for me to take time out, relax and re-fill the well.
Quote of the week: “When we look at clouds we see different shapes. See all the grace you can.” ~S.A.R.K
What were your Blessings for the week?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!