It has been a lovely week of tending to my home. Learning about home decorating, and indulging in lots of cooking. It been about tidying up and getting rid of some clutter. It just all stuff that the boys have grown out off and I had realised it was time to let it go. Although some things Mighty Mouse was just not ready to let go off even though he wanted to have a big boy’s room. So I have agreed to let him keep them a bit longer because he still gets enjoyment out of having them. I challenged myself by giving my first educational talk at my Toastmasters meeting, and amazingly spoke for 11 minutes and could have kept talking, it was a big wow being able to talk so much and in a purposeful way. My Ten Blessings For The Previous Week are as follows:
- I am so blessed that I got to attend an online course on interior design, which has inspired me to think more creatively about how I can decorate our house. It has also helped me see how I can more effectively decorate with what I already have, and infuse my families personalities into different spaces. It was two days of amazing online bliss.
- I am so blessed to have an amazing wonderful house to live in which comes with all the modern features of gas, electricity, water, and heating. It meets all my families needs.
- I am so blessed to had the opportunity to work in a different area of nursing for a shift, and am so grateful for all the wonderful people I got to work with who were so supportive and approachable. It was scary to be out of my comfort zone, I was so nervous, but quickly my fears were dissolved by the friendly and supportive environment.
- I am so blessed for the lovely bunch of yellow flowers that I brought myself, they gave me a big cheery boost, and added a wonderful pop of sunny colour to my living room. It was a wonderful self-care treat.
- I am so blessed to have been able to cook lots of wonderful meals during the week, trying out some easy and tasty recipes. It has been so lovely enjoying meal times with my family and being able to create lots of yummy dishes.
- I am so blessed to been able to catch up with a friend that I hadn’t seen for a long time. It was wonderful to see her again and have a lovely chat over lunch.
- I am so blessed to be able to attend a Toastmasters Meeting, it was lovely attending Cranbourne Toastmasters on Thursday night. It was full of challenges and lots of fun. It was lovely to listen to interesting and entertaining speeches and also always fun doing and listening to the impromptu speaking of Table Topics.
- I am so blessed that our dog Little Miss Popularity just loves to sit on me and lick me. I feel so loved!
- I am so blessed to been able to go to Melbourne Aquarium with the boys, and so glad that when we finished, we went all the way back to the coral reef to find the octopus, so we saw absolutely everything thanks to Mighty Mouse. It was an interesting and enjoyable excursion, which included a great talk about sharks.
- I am so blessed to have this computer and the internet to do my blog on, and to be able to read other peoples blogs, listen to podcasts and research anything I want to know about. It is so amazing how much information and resources we have access to these days.
It was a beautiful positive enjoyable week full of lovely moments and experiences. It always feels good to do this Ten Blessing Exercise, it just makes me feel so light and energised. Those negative thoughts seem to come so easily, it has taken practice to learn to focus more on the positive and to be grateful of all the wonderful good things life has to offer, and the amazing learning experiences that are constantly happening during this journey called life.
Quote of the Day: “If you want light to come into your life, you need to stand where it is shining.” ~ Guy Finley
What were your Ten Blessings of the Week?
Wishing you all a wonderful day!