Day 2 of the Kickin’ It Old Skool Blog-a-thon on Sharing Colours at http://kickinitoldskool.blogspot.ca with Jamie and Shannon Ridler. This post took a bit of time, but it was interesting to do.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of red?Passion
- Closest red thing to you?Santa
- What is the last thing that made you angry?Cleaning up after everyone
- Are you a fan of romance? Sometimes, I like romantic movies, and songs.
- Do you have a temper? Most of the time I am easy going, but occasionally thats it, I have had enough and not afraid to let people know about it.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of green? Envy
- Closest green thing to you? Carpet, yes I have green carpet.
- What’s your favourite green environment? I enjoy going for walks through the bush and gardens in the Dandenong Ranges.
- Are you jealous of anyone right now?
- Are you a lucky person? Absolutely, I am lucky to live in such an abundant , and beautiful country and live this life that supports me so well. I am lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful and supported people.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Riches, and nobility .
- Closest purple thing to you? The colour purple is in my couch fabric.
- Do you like being treated like royalty? It is nice to be treated special sometimes, although being treated like royalty would have its draw backs. I don’t know that people would be so honest and truthful, or even genuine.
- Do you like mysterious things? Yes I like fairies and mystical stories.
- Are you intuitive? I am more intuitive at some things than others. I have good intuition when I am at work. However when things are close to me, my intuition is rather hazy.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of blue?Healing
- Closest blue thing to you?A jigsaw puzzle.
- Are you good at calming people down?Yes, I am very good at staying calm and relaxed, and are quiet good at getting other people to remain calm especially my family.
- What’s your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? The beach, a nice clean surf beach, actually I love Tidal River at Wilson’s Prom, where the river meets the sea. The sea is cold with wonderful waves to play in, whilst the river is warm and quiet beautiful for just relaxing in.
- What was the last thing that made you cry? I can not remember, it was probably a sad movie. I always cry through sad movies.
- Are you a logical thinker? That’s debatable. I can be a very good logical thinker and very practical. I can also live in fantasy land, and think up very silly things.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? Success, Happiness and Sunshine.
- Closest yellow thing to you? A banana, I love eating banana’s
- What was one of the happiest times of your life? Living near the beach, and being able to walk on the beach each day, I was also in my 20’s so life was easy going, good health, good job, good friends and family, and no big commitments. It was a bit of a party time, with lots of time for me doing the things I loved.
- What’s your favourite holiday?Tassmania all three times. I just love going to Tassie, it is the most beautiful picturesque place I have ever been too. I love the Salamanca Market and the Cruise down the Gordan River.
- What makes you happy? Sunshine, relationships, learning, and doing the things I love.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Music, yes I thought of Pink the singer.
- Closest pink thing to you? My crochet rug.
- What sweet things do you like? Chocolate
- Are you sensitive? I try to be sensitive to others peoples feelings.
- What is your favourite flower? Pink Gerberas
- Does you have a crush on someone? No
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Allergy!
- Closest orange thing to you?None
- Do you dress up for Halloween? I don’t do Halloween, we have never done it as a family. When I was growing up Halloween was something they did in other countries, it has only been in recent years that Halloween has become a celebration here. I do celebrate Moomba, I love going to the Moomba Festival, watching the parade, the birdman rally, the music, the rides and just sitting on the Yarra watching the water skiing. As an Melburnian Moomba has always been part of my life.
- What gives you the warm fuzzes? When people are really kind to me, and when they are really appreciative, also when I can be kind and go out of my way to make someone feel special.
- What would your superpower be? I would like the superpower of being super fast, so I could get everything done that I need to do, especially the boring stuff like cleaning and have more time to relax.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Chocolate.
- Closest brown thing to you? My wooden coffee table
- What is your favourite type of chocolate? I love dark chocolate.
- What makes you feel grounded? Simplicity.
- Paint the wood or always leave it au natural? Sometimes you can not do better than natural, other times it needs lots of bright bold colour to liven things up.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of white? Space
- Closest white thing to you? My walls, well they are off white.
- Do you always try to keep the peace? No, not any more! Now I think it is more important to say and do what you think is right, even if that means upsetting a few people.
- Do you like to play in the snow? Yes I do like to play in the snow, it is a novelty for me, I like to toboggan and I am really dangerous to others and myself when attempting to ski. However I am really good at making a snow man.
- Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? No! I just do it.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you think of black? Clothes
- Closest black thing to you? My cardigan
- Are you sophisticated or silly? Both
- Do you have a lot of secrets? Yes! I like to have some secrets, I don’t want people to know everything about me, it is nice to keep a little something to myself.
- What’s the new black? Nothing can replace black. However it is all bright colours this summer. I just can not go back to wearing royal blue jeans/pants or green for that matter, because it reminds me of being a teenager, and all the bright colour pants I used to wear.
Have been enjoying reading all the other post on the blogathon, wishing you all a wonderful day!
- The Blog-a-Thon Continues… (nowandzenn.wordpress.com)