Todays self-care tip is set aside some time for journaling. Relax and enjoy the experience of journaling. It can be like spending time with a loyal friend each day.
Here Are 5 Journaling Tips To Get Started.
- Have a regular journaling time it helps to build disciple and routine. It also provides comfort. For me I get great joy out of doing my journaling in the mornings. By picking a regular time I find I am more consistent and more likely to journal each day.
- Develop a ritual. It could be to meditate prior to journaling, or do some breathing and centring exercises. It could be burning a candle, or playing a certain type of music. It could be having a cup of tea, coffee or ice water. Having a ritual helps to define the time for journaling.
- Finding a space. It may be a quiet space. It may be a cafe. It may be the park, even your car. As long as it is a space that allows you to open your mind and put it on the page. Personally I like a quiet space. Sometimes I am lazy and journal in bed, often I journal in my lounge, in a nice quiet room on a comfy lounge chair. Sometimes on a nice day I take my journal to a nice quiet spot in the park and journal there.
- Sometimes the words just are not there and there is nothing but a intimating blank page. In this case it is useful to use a prompt. A prompt can be a picture, a question or even a quote. I usually like to date my journal, write the day, and time and start of where I am journaling. If I am still stuck I will ask the question: How do I feel today? You can use any prompt you desire, it just has to be something to kickstart the journaling process.
- Journaling is a process, it dose not require you to think about grammar or spelling. There is no right or wrong way to journal. There is only your own way. So enjoy it and do it because you love the experience of journaling.
Finally I would just like to say, always be kind to yourself. Journaling is an act of self-care, it is about personal reflection and expression. So be kind, do not judge your work.
Enjoy and have fun!
Wishing you all a wonderful day!