Oh wow it is Friday, and I have started thinking about the weekend. I love the idea of two days devoted to joy, pleasure, adventure and doing the things I wish to do rather than the things I have to do. Certainly weekend days have a much more enticing feel to them than weekdays for me. I really feel it has something to do with how I approach them and that the focus tends to be on enjoyment and fun.
Sometimes I like to:
- go to festivals.
- find a cafe and have a coffee.
- go on a walking adventures.
- go to a class at the gym.
- check out a festival that is happening.
- discover new places, or simply try new experiences.
- stay at home curl up with a book, or a good movie.
- go to the local farmer’s market or Sunday market.
- catch up with family and friends.
- complete projects around the house.
There are always so many possibilities. It is often the leisurely or exciting weekends that give my life a special uplifting buzz. So it is nice to make the most of them.
Weekends are precious for me because I work so many of them. However I have this weekend off so I hope to make the most of it and enjoy it. Now I have just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like being a wet weekend here in Melbourne. This makes my plans a little more challenging. One of the things I was hoping to do this weekend was the olive festival. Other things I was hoping to attend was the local Rotary Art Show. Also the Sunday Market I am in need of some nice smelling soaps and gorgeous flowers and of course a family get together to celebrate a birthday. I also hope to do more reading and keep up to date with my washing. WInter is not the time to let washing pile up especially when you dry everything on a clothes hoist.That is a have to all the others are wish to. So the plan is to jump out of bed Saturday morning get dressed up, put my make-up on and head out the door and make the most of the weekend.
My affirmation: I enjoy every moment of the weekend.
What are you up to this weekend?
Wishing you all a fabulous weekend!
- go local (ashleybaier2.wordpress.com)
- MIMM: with weekend highlights (cakesandbeans.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Update (amynewnan.wordpress.com)