It has been a week of healing for my son. A week of cooking lots of different soups for him to help him recover. Each day gets stronger and stronger. His surgery site is healing well, so we are happy about that. This has meant life has been very quiet couple of weeks mostly spending time at home, resting, catching up on sleep, watching movies, reading and doctor’s appointments.When life seems a little tough it seems extra important to be grateful for all the good things in life.
- I am so blessed to find out my son loves soup, all different types of soup. He has been such a fussy eater when it comes to eating vegetables. Know I have found the answer, soup.
- I am so blessed to go for a walk out along the lake in the rain to find I had the lake all too myself, and a bonus was the sun came out for a while and made me feel so good. It was such a beautiful pick me up
- I am so blessed that my son’s doctor appointment went well and his surgery appears to have gone well.
- I am so blessed to find out my other son is going well at school, getting reasonable marks, and trying really hard. He got good remarks from his teachers so that is a good thing.
- I am so blessed to enjoy some beautiful guided meditations and classes on mindfulness which I found on the internet.
- I am so blessed that my Mum rings up to see how we are going, and is always willing to help out if we need her.
- I am so blessed to be able to spend a morning having a coffee with my son who was enjoying a chocolate milk shake, it was nice to get out of the house for a while.
- I am so blessed to be able to have time to sit and read with my son and watch movies with him, he has such an infectious laugh.
- I am so blessed to have lovely warm pyjamas, it has been so cold lately
- I am so blessed to have a lovely warming candle that brings warmth to my table at dinner time when I light it, and also to have a beautiful bunch of flowers that my Dad gave me from his garden.
There is always so many things to be grateful each day, however these are the things that stand out for my week.