It is wonderful Wishcasting Wednesday! Every week Jamie Ridler from Jamie Ridler Studios at http://jamieridlerstudios.ca, asks a question. This weeks question is : How do you wish to be brave?
This scardy cat wishes to be brave in so many ways.
- I wish to be Brave enough to face my fears each day.
- I wish to be Brave enough to speak my mind and speak up for what is right.
- I wish to be Brave enough to act from a place of love and in a way that supports my values.
- I wish to be Brave enough to forgive myself for my imperfections.
- I wish to be Brave enough to admit when I am wrong and apologise for my wrong doings or words.
- I wish to be Brave enough to be the best “ME” that I can.
- I wish to be Brave enough to be more giving to others.
- I wish to be Brave and willing to take more risks in my life.
- I wish to be Brave enough to always act from a place of love.
- I wish to be Brave enough to go to new places.
Today I am going to the school for my son’s grade 6 testing, I have to be brave to face the results honestly and accept where my son is at academically. That doesn’t mean I don’t have dreams for him being the best “Mighty Mouse” he can be. I will still have goals for him to count, write and read. It never easy to accept the reality of these psychology testing, and there will be tears in my eyes.It is such an emotional experience for me, these test never seem to give positive news, it just seems an emotional sucky experience which is simply done for funding. Then I get to spend the rest of his schooling days reminding teachers to look at the testing and implement the recommendations. Yet I know it is only a part of who he is, he is so much more than a psychology test, there is so much depth to him that can not possibly be captured in an hour or two of rigid testing. Still it has to be done to get funding for his school. So I really, really wish to be Brave to face and navigate through the realities and complexities of having a child with additional needs who goes through a special school.
Wishing you all an amazing Wishcasting Wednesday, may all your wonderful wishes come true.