Here are 10 frugal Artist’s Dates:
- Find a new park, walk around or through it and take photo’s, sit and read, have lunch, or even sit and write.
- Be a tourist in your local area, go see local sites look at them as you are seeing them for the first time, find out about the history of your local area.
- Op shops lots of fun looking for treasures
- Take yourself out to a nice cafe for a coffee/tea/drink and enjoy reading a book.
- Do art journalling, its lots of fun and you get to be creative
- Support the local art scene. Go to local festivals and events which are often free or very cheap.
- Take your self for a picnic
- Relax and take a long soaking bath, with candles and music (This is one I need to do.)
- Go visit a pet store and enjoy looking at the animals
- Browse craft shops, nurseries, and potteries and admire the creativity of others.(I think I would like to visit a nice garden nursery too
These are some of the frugal ideas I can think of for an artist’s date, I am sure there are plenty of more like just spend time on doing your favourite craft or getting messy with hand paints. Please share your ideas I am always looking for new places to explore or activities to dive into.
What do you think makes a good Artist’s Date?
Check out Julia Cameron’s book the Artist’s Way!